- Are You Drinking Enough Water? HOT
- The Truth About Alkaline Water & Your Health
- Purified Water = Amazing Fountain of Youth
- Learn How Water Causes Cancer & Disease
- Water the key to beautiful skin & hair
Hydrotherapy Benefits and Tips
What is hydrotherapy? Hydrotherapy is the use of water to treat a disease or to maintain health.
The theory behind it is that water has many properties that give it the ability to heal:
- Water can store and carry heat.
- Water can dissolve other substances, such as minerals.
- Water cannot hurt you, even if you are sensitive to your surroundings.
- Water is found in different forms, such as ice, liquid, or steam. Ice may be used to cool, the liquid is used in baths and compresses at varying pressures or temperatures, and steam is used in steam baths or when breathing in.
- Water can help blood flow. Water also has a soothing, calming, and relaxing effect on people, whether in a bath, shower, spray, or compress.
What is hydrotherapy used for? People use hydrotherapy to treat many illnesses and conditions, including acne; arthritis; colds; depression; headaches; stomach problems; joint, muscle, and nerve problems; sleep disorders; and stress. They also use it for relaxation and to maintain health. You can also use hydrotherapy to reduce or relieve sudden or long-lasting pain.
Is hydrotherapy safe?
Hydrotherapy is generally safe if treatment is done properly. Different people may respond differently to the length and intensity of treatment. Some people may have headaches, aches and pains, sleep problems, nausea, chilliness, and faintness. It is important to discuss your physical condition and medical history with your doctor or physical therapist before trying hydrotherapy. Always tell your doctor if you are using an alternative therapy or if you are thinking about combining an alternative therapy with your conventional medical treatment. It may not be safe to forgo your conventional medical treatment and rely only on an alternative therapy.