VOC REDUCTION / COCONUT SHELL CARBON Filter 10" BB 0.6 Micron
- Made from Coconut Shell Carbon to improve water taste
- High Chemical Adsorptive Capacity
- High VOC* and TOC Reduction
- High Turbidity Reduction
- 10" filter treats up to 20,000 gal.
- Ideal for applications where taste of water is primary objective
- 0.6 micron nominal rating
- Manufactured in USA with FDA-compliant materials
- NSF & WQA tested and certified component
The Sweet Taste of Purity
Our FI-VOC10-BB filters are made from coconut shell carbon, which some people believe adds a hint of sweetness for better tasting water. Because of their unique pore structure, these cartridges are well-suited for chemical adsorption of VOCs, chlorine, taste and odor.
The service life of FI-VOC10-BB are greatly extended by an outer layer of prefiltration medium and will operate effectively in most installations without prefiltration. They are ideal for residential and food service applications where improving the taste of the water is the primary objective.
The FI-VOC10-BB filter will fit in our 10" standard whole house big housings.
Benefits and applications
Cartridge Specifications and Performance Data
*VOC: VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds) are dangerous contaminants found in water caused by careless industrial practices. They can include a variety of chemicals, some of which may have short- and long-term adverse health effects. VOCs that are commonly found in drinking water include (1) chlorinated solvents and (2) fuel components. Some VOCs in drinking water such as PCE (Tetrachloroethylene), TCE (Trichloroethylene), and Toluene have been linked with an increase in birth defects and cancer.