5 Micron String Wound Polypropylene Filter 20" BB
- Effective removal of ultra-fine sediment, sand, rust, silt & scale particles
- String wound around polypropylene core to provide greater surface area for improved efficiency and durability
- Superior dirt-loading capacity over standard wound cartridges
- Effectively reduces ultra-fine sediment from a variety of fluids
- Fits in all standard 20" Whole House Filter Housings
- 5 micron nominal rating
Ultra-Fine sediment Removal
Our FI-WP20-BB-5M filter cartridges are manufactured from a durable polypropylene cord that is wound around a rigid polypropylene core. These types of cartridges are wound in a precise pattern around the core to provide greater surface area. The result is higher dirt-loading capacity and greater efficiency than standard wound cartridges.
These 5 micron string-wound cartridges are capable of accommodating flow rates between 7 and 10 GPM with low pressure drop under 2.5 psi. They are also suitable for a wide variety of sediment filtration applications, and are often used in commerical and industrial settings as a pre-treatment or stand alone filter.
The FI-WP20-BB-5M filter will fit in our whole house 20" standard big housings.
Benefits and applications