- Are You Drinking Enough Water? HOT
- The Truth About Alkaline Water & Your Health
- Purified Water = Amazing Fountain of Youth
- Learn How Water Causes Cancer & Disease
- Water the key to beautiful skin & hair
Soft drinks and alcohol...stealing precious water from your body.
Not enough can be said about the role of water in our own body and in our environment. Water is simply the substance of life. Life can not exist without Water. We must constantly be adding fresh water to our body in order to keep it properly hydrated. After all, the body is comprised of 80% water. It is difficult for the body to get water from any other source than water itself. Think your favorite soft drink helps you get the water hydration you need?
Think again. Soft drinks and alcohol steal tremendous amounts of water from the body. Even other beverages such as coffee, milk and juice require water from the body to be properly digested. This basically means the more soft drinks you drink, or coffee or alcohol for that matter, the less water your body is hydrated with and the thirstier you will feel, not to mention causing your body run less efficient due to a lack of water intake.
So what are some good reasons to stop consuming soft drinks everyday?
- Soft drinks steal water from the body. They work very much like a diuretic which takes away more water than it provides to the body. Just to process the high levels of sugar in soft drinks steals a considerable amount of water from the body. To replace the water stolen by soft drinks, you need to drink 8-12 glasses of water for every one glass of soft drinks that you consume!
- Soft Drinks never quench your thirst, certainly not your body's need for water. Constantly denying your body an adequate amount can lead to Chronic Cellular Dehydration, a condition that weakens your body at the cellular level. This, in turn, can lead to a weakened immune system and a plethora of diseases. The elevated levels of phosphates in soft drinks leach vital minerals from your body. Soft Drinks are made with purified water that also leach vital minerals from your body. A severe lack of minerals can lead to Heart Disease (lack of magnesium), Osteoporosis (lack of calcium) and many other diseases. Most vitamins can not perform their function in the body without the presence of minerals.
- Soft Drinks can remove rust from a car bumper or other metal surfaces. Imagine what it's doing to your digestive tract as well as the rest of your body. The high amounts of sugar in Soft Drinks causes your pancreas to produce an abundance of insulin, which leads to a "sugar crash". Chronic elevation and depletion of sugar and insulin can lead to diabetes and other imbalance related diseases. This is particularly disruptive to growing children which can lead to life-long health problems.
- Soft Drinks severely interfere with digestion. Caffeine and high amounts of sugar virtually shut down the digestive process. That means your body is essentially taking in NO nutrients from the food you may have just eaten, even that eaten hours earlier. Consumed with french-fries which can take WEEKS to digest, there is arguably nothing worse a person can put in their body.
- Diet soft drinks contain Aspartame, which has been linked to depression, insomnia, neurological disease and a plethora of other illness. The FDA has received more than 10,000 consumer complaints about Aspartame, that's 80% of all complaints about food additives.
- Soft Drinks are EXTREMELY acidic, so much so that they can eat through the liner of an aluminum can and leach aluminum from the can if it sits on the shelf too long. Alzheimer patients who have been autopsied ALL have high levels of aluminum in their brains. Heavy metals in the body can lead to many neurological and other diseases.
- Soft Drinks are EXTREMELY acidic: The human body naturally exists at a pH of about 7.0. Soft Drinks have a pH of about 2.5, which means you are putting something into your body that is hundred of thousands of times more acidic that your body is! Diseases flourish in an acidic environment. Soft Drinks and other acidic food deposit acid waste in the body which accumulates over time in the joints and around the organs. For example, the Body pH of cancer or arthritis patients are always low. The sicker the person, the lower the Body pH.
- Soft Drinks are the WORSE THING you can possibly put in your body. Don't even think of taking a sip of a Soft Drink when you are sick with a cold, flu or something worse. It will only make it that much harder for your body to fight the illness.
So as you can easily read, soft drinks are not only acidic and present a wide range of problems, but they also affect your body by introduce questionable chemicals and depriving it of its basic biological need for water hydration.