- Are You Drinking Enough Water? HOT
- The Truth About Alkaline Water & Your Health
- Purified Water = Amazing Fountain of Youth
- Learn How Water Causes Cancer & Disease
- Water the key to beautiful skin & hair
Drinking Water is the Best Cure for Fever
Dehydration can worsen your symptoms and discomfort and it can also lead to dangerously low blood pressure and a rapid heartbeat. Like in heat exhaustion and heat stroke and other similar ailments, when the body temperature goes up, the more fluid it uses. So, although inactive and lying in bed, one can still become dehydrated with a fever. The average adult should drink about 10 glasses of water per day, more than the usual average. Children should strive for 6-10 per day. If your fever is the cause of another illness, such as the cold or the flu, water is equally important in flushing out the body of the "bug" that is causing the illness.
Drinking water during a fever keeps you hydrated which promotes healthy bowel functioning; prevents dry skin, and dilutes and washes the virus or bacteria out of the body. Maintaining hydration would help to prevent symptoms worsening, discomfort, and other serious consequences.
- Cut up an onion and put 2 rings on your foot and in your sock. When the onion turns brown the fever should have decreased.
- Soak socks in regular white vinegar and put them on your feet. This should help the fever drop immediately.
- Pineapples are one of nature’s anti-inflammatory agents that can fight fever.
- Mix 1 teaspoon basil with ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Put the mixture into a cup of water and add 1 teaspoon of honey. Drink 2-3 times a day.
- Soak garlic in hot water to help reduce the chance of another fever and alleviate symptoms of the current fever.
- Let the fever run its course rather than rushing it to bring it down with medications.
Many doctors will argue that treating fevers gets in the way of the body's natural course of protecting itself. In fact, for those with fevers at or under 102-degrees, it is not recommended to take any medication. Feeling sick and having a fever can be one of our most vulnerable moments, but it’s best to think positive and knows that the heat your body is producing will bring you to recovery. Keep your body well-rested, hydrated, and hopefully far away from any kind of illness!