APEC Intense Ultra-Violet Disinfecting 10" Water Filter Upgrade Kit - 3/8" Quick Connect
- 316 Bonded Stainless Steel Interior Maximizes Killing Power By Reflecting U.V. Light and Eliminates Degradation Of Polypropylene Housing
- Eliminate up to 99.99% of bacteria, viruses, and micro-organisms that thrive in non-chlorinated water sources
- High quality Complete ADD-ON Kit, Easy to add to any existing RO system or replace old UV unit
- 3/8" Slide Ports Spin Water Eliminating Shading
- Snap - Fit Cap For Quick Lamp Removal
- Easy To Clean Quartz Sleeve
- Low Cost replaceable Lamp
UV Lamp Upgrade for RO Systems
The primary usage for a UV light is to disinfect filtered water at a certain flow rate. Bacteria, viruses, and other microorganisms are destroyed by the UV interfering with the DNA and RNA in the organisms' reproductive cycles. In theory, the reverse osmosis membrane already removes bacteria and viruses from the water, therefore, if you are on a municipal water system (tap water) in the U.S., chances are that you should not need a UV light on top of our ULTIMATE RO System. But, if your water source is known to be unsafe with microorganisms and you want to have extra protection, then you can add an UV as an additional stage to disinfect water.
APEC ultra violet Upgrade Kit can be added on to any existing RO system or replace old UV unit. Stainless steel reactor vessel, quartz sleeve, extra tubing, 2 Elbow fittings, 2 mounting clips, electronic ballast and UV lamp are all included.