How To Sanitize The Reverse Osmosis (RO) System
Here are the steps to sanitize your RO system.
- Shut off main valve (Point X )
- Dispense water from Pure Water Faucet (completely dispense water)
- Remove stage 1-3 filters, from filter housing
- Remove membrane, from membrane housing (do not remove stage 5 filter )
- Reinstall all the filter and membrane housings with out filters and membrane (remember to pour about 6-8 ounces of chlorine / hydrogen peroxide in stage 1 housing)
- Reattach all connections
- Turn back on main valve (Point X )
- Let system run, and the tank will fill up rapidly
- Once tank is full, flush out water through faucet.
- Do this at least two cycles, till the scent/smell of chorine / hydrogen peroxide is diluted
- Shut off main valve (Point X) again
- Install all new filters and membrane (including stage 5 filter)
- Turn on main valve (Point X)
- Let tank fill up
- Drain out first tank
- You Are Done!
If the issue was not addressed, please contact us at:
800-880-4808, or firstname.lastname@example.org